- National History Option A
- National History Primary Sources
- World History: Prehistory to Mesopotamia
- World History Primary Sources
- Keep a Book of Centuries
- Government and Economics
- T1 Aristides
- T2 Cato the Elder
- World Religion
- Grammar and Composition
- Keep a Commonplace Book
- Record favorite quotes and striking passages.
- Give an account of books read.
Recitation and Rhetoric
- Memory Work
- 3 poems per term
- 1 passage from Shakespeare per term
- 1 passage from Literature per term
- Natural Philosophy
- Science Matters: Achieving Scientific Literacy by Robert Hazen
- Keep Nature Journal.
- Genetics and Evolution
- Map Drills
- Locate places from Current Events and mark on map
- Locate places from History, Literature, and Science readings and mark on map
- Consider how the physical geography of these locales impact these events
- Create a map of Native American territories and how they have changed over time. If you are in North America, find out which tribal land you live on.
- Option 1: AOPS Introduction to Algebra
- Option 2: TBA
- Option 3: TBA
- Building Thinking Skills, Level 3: Verbal
- If you are not doing coding as an independent multi-year stream, we suggest spending the year learning the basics of Python, C++, or even some type of basic website coding.
- Artist Study
- Art History
- Artistic Practice
- Composer Study
- Two songs in modern foreign language per term
- Two folk songs perm term
- Continue practice and musical theory
- Handwork and Life Skills
- Physical Education
- Pick something your student enjoys doing. We suggest a martial art, but yoga, running, or a team sport would also work here.
- The Crystal Ribbon by Celeste Lim
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate
- Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War Two by Joseph Bruchac
- The Girl Who Married the Moon: Tales from Native North America by Joseph Bruchac and Gayle Ross
- The Chosen by Chaim Potok
- The True Adventures of Charley Darwin by Carolyn Meyer
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin
- Night Flying Woman: An Ojibway Narrative by Ignatia Broker
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume I and The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume II
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- My River Chronicles: Rediscovering the Work that Built America; A Personal and Historical Journey by Jessica DuLong
- The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis
We use affiliate links. When you purchase a book from one of our links to Amazon, we receive a small commission.